Livingstoni • View topic - has facebook killed this forum as well?

It is currently 18 Jul 2018, 17:11

has facebook killed this forum as well?

Chat about anything Livingston related

Post » 22 Nov 2011, 02:26

has facebook killed this forum as well? as most of the forums i am on have all been going quiet and have moved to groups on facebook is this forum the same :( i hope this forum comes alive again

• Highly Valued Member
    Highly Valued Member

• Paul ...

Post » 26 Nov 2011, 12:32

Me too :-(

• Site Admin
    Site Admin

• Post » 27 Nov 2011, 14:33

but there mite be a prob with facebook soon from the US Government Internet Censorship Law (ICL) as we all know facebook google are all in the usa but if the US Government gets it's own way with the Internet Censorship Law (ICL), could spell disaster for the rest of the world as well.

If this law passes it means that not only your favourite web sites that are US based blocked and also shutdown/taken down to the rest of the world too, also could potentially open the door to the following being blocked, filtered out, shutdown/taken down:
    Some message you posted to someone on a forum or in an email, information from news sites, legal sites i.e. video streaming sites like youtube, no longer being able to access to Facebook and a whole load more.

more >> http://almondhaf.co.uk/forum/ahforum/Ya ... 1321659984 + a link

all i can say is the net was free is free and needs to stay free.
    and even the Digital Economy Act that the UK Government is trying to get passed.
    is in breach of freedom of the people that this country has fought so hard in so menny wars to just turn around and to start turning into the dictatorships that have no respect for the freedom of the people so in the end what was the point of the wars for the freedom of the people and the uk still have the cheek to keep fighting for the freedom of the people whan thay are takeing it away. MHO

• Highly Valued Member
    Highly Valued Member

• Return to General Discussion