village hospital is located to the north outskirts of
Livingston. The Hospital is currently unused and sits
empty. The Hospital was opened on the 13th October 1906
by the Earl of Rosebury Lord Lieutenant of Linlithgowshire.
The hospital has been a war time hospital, general
hospital and a hospital for the mentally ill. Bangour
then closed its doors to the new hospital of St
Johns Hospital in Howden
when its was finally constructed in 1991.